As a matter of prudence we have decided to cancel the boys (3/16) and girls (3/19) meetings next week. Packing coaches from all over the state into one room and then sending them back out to their communities holds potential risk.
Luckily most of what we need to cover in the league meeting can be handled via email or a distributed document. We will follow up this email with all the details of what we planned to discuss. In the meantime, there are a few essential things we need you to do or know:
Things we will need from you:
- Send us your updated coaching names and contact info. Please send ASAP to Shane Lawton at firstname.lastname@example.org. The current lists on the NVTYLL site need to be updated!
- Email Craig Benson at email@example.com the number of teams you will have at each age group and the level of each team. i.e. Shelburne will have one team at 5/6 at Div 2 and one at 7/8 at Div 1.
- Dates you can host and number of fields. i.e. Shelburne can host 5/16 and 5/30 with two full fields for 5/6 & 7/8 and two small fields for 3/4.
- Vote for new board members. We will distribute a link to a Google Form with bios and voting. Open Board positions are the Boy’s Director and an At Large position. Chris Lamonia from Mad River has submitted his name for the Boys role and Ben Moulton & Jason Pinard from Barre have offered to fill the At Large position with a focus on the girls side, while splitting the role.
- Vote Rutland Lacrosse into the league. This will be added to the voting form noted above. Full details of the proposal will be in more detailed league email.
- Register your teams and pay your league fees. Fees for 2020 are $500 for 5/6 & 7/8 teams. $180 for each 3/4 team. Send checks to Fitzy at: NVTYLL, PO Box 238, Colchester, VT 05446. If you need an invoice please reach out to Fitz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Things to be distributed:
- Honor the Game Stickers. We have new ones with our new logo. These will be mailed or distributed at the opening jamborees.
- Mouthguards. Andrew has 1000 mouthguards. We will try to distribute if we do not have a later meeting.
Lastly, if you need or want to schedule midweek games, you will need to do so directly with other teams via phone or email. This is just one reason we need the coaching list to be accurate ASAP.
Leave a Reply