Hello Coaches and Recreation Departments,
The 2020 lacrosse season is just around the corner! Our annual board meeting for the Girl’s League is set for March 19th at 6:30 pm at the Shelburne Town Offices. The coaches list for the season will be updated for the 2020 season, but if you know of anyone that will be coaching that is not on the list, please forward these emails in the meantime or let me know so we can make changes on the list as we go. I know it seems far away but spring is right around the corner. Please view the NVTYLL website for the list of coaches. https://nvtyll.org/
1. SafeSport is now required for all coaches when registering or renewing for US Lacrosse. Please help spread the word to all your coaches!
2. Game weekends are 5/2-3, 5/9-10, 5/16-17, 5/30-31. Saturday dates for the boys, Sundays for the girls. Playoff weekend is 6/6 and 6/7. Playoffs for 7/8 Girls will have Quarters & Semis on Sat. 6/6 and Finals on Sun. 6/7, a change from all in one day in prior years.
3. No Playoffs for 5/6 Boys or Girls – we want to guarantee everyone 10 games and meet our mission of developing ALL players and feeding more kids to high school teams:
“We want each and every participant to feel like they have made a contribution to themselves as well as to their respective team both on and off the field. We aim to be a feeder program for kids who wish to play lacrosse in high school and beyond.”
Sadly many towns are struggling to field JV teams.
4. League fees for boys and girls are going up to $500/team for 5/6 and 7/8, and $180/team for 3/4. This reflects the true costs of referees for our schedule.
5. Referee training will be held again this season. Please contact Kissy Rowley with interest and information requests. Once I have dates and times locked in I will send that out as well. firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and we will see you all soon!